Friday, January 18, 2008


Creativity is a state of mind.I find it so interesting that that ones creativity can be jogged by the weirdest things. For example  this week my grand father pasted away. I have gone through every emotion on the chart, sad, lonely, confused, humbled, honored. I could not find a outlet to express these feelings or work on any sort of projects. And almost as soon as i felt that desperation that longing to vent my frustration through the creative process, it came to like a beacon of creative expression. My idea meeter just kind of peaked and i feel that all of these emotions came together to give me a new out look on who i am as an artist. A fresh start on the limits of my expectations as an /designer/writer/person/communicator. I think the epiphany came when I recognized how closely related our emotional cycles are connected with our creativity. Its all a state of mind.

2 comments:

chrisburns said...

word up

chrisburns said...

for real. being a dude who has more states of mind than there are states on the map, i definitely agree that there are ones for good and ones for evil.


you should check out my friend Mike's blog, the way you speak in this entry looks a lot like the way he and I speak in our late night philosophy discussions (he lives in Baraboo, Wisconsin)
http://www.twentyeighthavenue.com/hobinskii/